Saturday, January 30, 2016

Installing GME Black Antenna AE4705B

Today I finally was able to install the GME AE4705B antenna for my Uniden 8020S UHF CB radio. Took a bit of fiddling in the hot humid and rainy Brisbane day but I'm happy with the outcome.

I'm mounting it on the passenger side of the bull bar.





Threaded the coax along the base of the bull bar and then up into the engine space passing the headlights wiring.



Ran the cable along the inner panel in the engine bay, drivers side. You can see it just by the air intake and running through the black plastic shield.


Poked a small whole into this access hole as its not currently used for anything right now.


The cable came in just above the steering column.


Cable tying it safely out of harms way I then threaded it though to the side panel above the right speaker.

I was able easily push it through the top where the console meets the windscreen just behind the right hand tweeter.

I was then able to run the cable between the top of the dash board and the windscreen, nicely hidden out of site.

It was then just a case of soldering on the PL259 plug and connecting the rig.


T-daaaaahhh



3 comments:

  1. Nice work! I think that it's time to go get that Jeep dirty. :)

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, too right! The cleaner it is the more obsessed with cleaning it I become. Next mod is lift and wheels, thats when I'm really going to hit the trails - and the beach :)

      Delete